Skip to main content

New Approach

I have recently followed a few links to other Blogs, and was amazed by the amount of people doing exactly the same as me. Writing about their training and racing in the same way. So I am thinking of changing my posts a bit to alleviate the boredom of any readers I do have. From now on it will be more focused on Entertainment than information, but they may overlap at times. When reading magazines, the race reports are fairly boring, but the best parts are the stats, gossip, quotes, and nitty gritty detail of bike racing, so I will try and incorporate that a little too.

Since my last blog I have been fairly busy. I travelled up to Edinburgh by train to meet up with the Endura team. It was pretty cool and there was lots of cool stuff, but I am worried about how much I am allowed to tell! The team are doing a training and racing block around Nice in February. We are staying in Stephen Roche's hotel and doing the Tour of Medditiranean, Tour de Haut Var, 3 Days of Vaucluse, and Tour of Murcia! When I say we I mean the team. I will be there for the training camp, but not doing the races. Having my first senior race against protour teams would be ridiculous! I would love to do it, but so would does everyone else on the team.

While in Edinburgh I had a deep tissue massage with a Slovakian called Pavol! It was agony, but afterwards I felt better. I have had a lot of experience with different physios and masseuses, and he was definetly the best at massage, despite first impressions. I find the best way of releasing knots in muscle is acupuncture, but I have only had this at physios.

I also went to go see the Ghent Six day which was a blast, but I can't trump Pez cycling's report so I am not going to bother.

Training is going better. My knee is slowly recovering. It is still not perfect but I am making progess. Apparently it is a mild case of patella chondromalacia.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Travels

July started well with my first half-decent race for months. I took part in the Guildford Town centre Criterium on Wednesday night. A tiny circuit featuring a patchy tarmac descent and a sharp cobbled climb with little in between. As soon as I started I realized there was no way I was going to keep up the sterling track record of cyclefit employees (Warwick) in the race. I got stronger as the race went on though and I didn't crash -always important as my confidence was pretty low. Jon Dibben did a great ride as per usual. I drove home optimistic that my season was turning around with my new pedalling technique (no pun intended). Next up in July was the Cyclefit Etape Trip. Me and Stuart (brother) drove the Clio down to Pau in the Pyrenees and met Jules and Konrad (or Konradiator as he later become known). Due to the efficiency of the French Motorways, we made it there pretty fresh and with only 3 speeding offences (2 in Bordeaux alone). Our first job was the Expo which involved ...

Lazy Blogging..

Hi guys, I apologize for not updating in a long time. It is always irritating when people have out of date websites. The excuse is that I have been pretty busy, and also quite disheartened about my cycling. But I think I have turned a new stone and now everything's smooth sailing...or riding perhaps. After my race in Singapore I had a couple of local races, and my knee just didn't hold up under pressure. It was buckling under the increased intensity and I was pretty upset after all the work I had done with my physio, and I thought after a good few months I was over it. This kept going on in a weekly cycle. I would train and condition my leg during the week and then be smashed in the races because I just couldn't put any power down. Needless to say my motivation kept declining, along with my fitness, for around 2 months After an awesome family holiday in Morocco (that can come in the next blog) and a serious discussion with my coach, its looking more positive. I think I may...

National Junior Road Championships

Yesterday was the National Junior Road Race championships, one of my main goals for this second half of the season and probably a lot of other riders'. The race was being run by Doug Collins, famous Twickenham CC member and ex-pro rider, and he had chosen a brutally hard course that would certainly split the field of 86 starters to smithereens! I did a recce of the course last weekend in the rain and was in 39-26 on some sections. I was looking forward to it though as I am pretty good on the climbs and my stamina is good. It was also my Dad's birthday so I was extra motivated to do a good ride so as not to waste the day.  The race started with me skipping my chain on the first climb. I had to hop off and put it back on but was soon back in the bunch after a kilometre or so. My plan for the first part of the race was to sit back and conserve my energy. A break got away with a few dangerous riders, Erick Rowsell and Tim Kennaugh, but no one else so I knew they would be easy to ca...