Skip to main content

AW Cycles RR + Nocturnes- Dad on his brompton


Make sure you check out my earlier posts, I recently just got up to date.

My early week was relatively easy. Only started training hard Thursday/ Friday. Decided not to do Echelon Cycles stage race as needed to do homework on the Saturday. Did AW cycles RR today. Still feeling a little fatigued, perhaps from the camp or perhaps from my training Thursday/ Friday.

It was 90k on a rolling circuit with quite a bit of wind. I attacked with Jon Mould 3 laps to go and we got joined by a group of 5 or 6. We stayed away and I attacked in the finale but to no avail and it came down to a sprint and I lost out and came 7th. Pretty gutted as prized went down to 5th. 

Charles Whitton took these great photos


I have entered the Edinburgh and Smithfield Nocturne. I am planning on riding for cyclefit and helping out Warrick Spence. Cyclefit have been really kind in helping with my bike fit and core.

Major news is my Dad has entered the folding bike race in Edinburgh. Perhaps he doesn't want to embarrass himself in front of his parents but he is taking training seriously. Interval sessions on the Brompton around the great park. This was on my recovery ride on Saturday. See Pictures Below

Dad eyeing up the opposition

Dad burning brompton rubber towards the copper horse

My brother Stuart, resplendent in my old kit, laughs earlier in the ride

Not laughing after getting dropped by mr. mini wheels

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Travels

July started well with my first half-decent race for months. I took part in the Guildford Town centre Criterium on Wednesday night. A tiny circuit featuring a patchy tarmac descent and a sharp cobbled climb with little in between. As soon as I started I realized there was no way I was going to keep up the sterling track record of cyclefit employees (Warwick) in the race. I got stronger as the race went on though and I didn't crash -always important as my confidence was pretty low. Jon Dibben did a great ride as per usual. I drove home optimistic that my season was turning around with my new pedalling technique (no pun intended). Next up in July was the Cyclefit Etape Trip. Me and Stuart (brother) drove the Clio down to Pau in the Pyrenees and met Jules and Konrad (or Konradiator as he later become known). Due to the efficiency of the French Motorways, we made it there pretty fresh and with only 3 speeding offences (2 in Bordeaux alone). Our first job was the Expo which involved ...

Lazy Blogging..

Hi guys, I apologize for not updating in a long time. It is always irritating when people have out of date websites. The excuse is that I have been pretty busy, and also quite disheartened about my cycling. But I think I have turned a new stone and now everything's smooth sailing...or riding perhaps. After my race in Singapore I had a couple of local races, and my knee just didn't hold up under pressure. It was buckling under the increased intensity and I was pretty upset after all the work I had done with my physio, and I thought after a good few months I was over it. This kept going on in a weekly cycle. I would train and condition my leg during the week and then be smashed in the races because I just couldn't put any power down. Needless to say my motivation kept declining, along with my fitness, for around 2 months After an awesome family holiday in Morocco (that can come in the next blog) and a serious discussion with my coach, its looking more positive. I think I may...

National Junior Road Championships

Yesterday was the National Junior Road Race championships, one of my main goals for this second half of the season and probably a lot of other riders'. The race was being run by Doug Collins, famous Twickenham CC member and ex-pro rider, and he had chosen a brutally hard course that would certainly split the field of 86 starters to smithereens! I did a recce of the course last weekend in the rain and was in 39-26 on some sections. I was looking forward to it though as I am pretty good on the climbs and my stamina is good. It was also my Dad's birthday so I was extra motivated to do a good ride so as not to waste the day.  The race started with me skipping my chain on the first climb. I had to hop off and put it back on but was soon back in the bunch after a kilometre or so. My plan for the first part of the race was to sit back and conserve my energy. A break got away with a few dangerous riders, Erick Rowsell and Tim Kennaugh, but no one else so I knew they would be easy to ca...