Skip to main content

Christmas Post!

Merry Christmas!

I have just been on an ODP Road camp in Wales for the last 4 days so I appreciated all the good food. Weight is around 70 kilos at the moment. I have been eating lots of good food so i am not worried- hopefully it will improve my sprint.

I got a pair of skins for Christmas. Hopefully they will be beneficial. I get pretty obsessed with training aids. I also want a powerbreathe to exercise my lungs and also a supply of optygen, but you have to draw the line somewhere.

A few weekend back I had Coach Led racing on the Track up in Manchester. My legs were pretty tired as did 3 hours the day before but it was fun. Someone nicked my front campag pista wheel from the container though which was a bit annoying. It had a 70 quid sonderklasse tub on it!

I have decided to leave GWR for next season and race for Twickenham CC. I think this will be better suited to my needs for next year. They were great last year for supporting me, but sometimes it can feel restrictive. Being in a club means there is much less politics and I can focus on racing.

I did the elite revolution earlier in the month. It was very hard but I got better as the night progressed and almost got a top 10 in the final race.

I have got the winter series tomorrow and I am looking for a win!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Travels

July started well with my first half-decent race for months. I took part in the Guildford Town centre Criterium on Wednesday night. A tiny circuit featuring a patchy tarmac descent and a sharp cobbled climb with little in between. As soon as I started I realized there was no way I was going to keep up the sterling track record of cyclefit employees (Warwick) in the race. I got stronger as the race went on though and I didn't crash -always important as my confidence was pretty low. Jon Dibben did a great ride as per usual. I drove home optimistic that my season was turning around with my new pedalling technique (no pun intended). Next up in July was the Cyclefit Etape Trip. Me and Stuart (brother) drove the Clio down to Pau in the Pyrenees and met Jules and Konrad (or Konradiator as he later become known). Due to the efficiency of the French Motorways, we made it there pretty fresh and with only 3 speeding offences (2 in Bordeaux alone). Our first job was the Expo which involved ...

Lazy Blogging..

Hi guys, I apologize for not updating in a long time. It is always irritating when people have out of date websites. The excuse is that I have been pretty busy, and also quite disheartened about my cycling. But I think I have turned a new stone and now everything's smooth sailing...or riding perhaps. After my race in Singapore I had a couple of local races, and my knee just didn't hold up under pressure. It was buckling under the increased intensity and I was pretty upset after all the work I had done with my physio, and I thought after a good few months I was over it. This kept going on in a weekly cycle. I would train and condition my leg during the week and then be smashed in the races because I just couldn't put any power down. Needless to say my motivation kept declining, along with my fitness, for around 2 months After an awesome family holiday in Morocco (that can come in the next blog) and a serious discussion with my coach, its looking more positive. I think I may...

National Junior Road Championships

Yesterday was the National Junior Road Race championships, one of my main goals for this second half of the season and probably a lot of other riders'. The race was being run by Doug Collins, famous Twickenham CC member and ex-pro rider, and he had chosen a brutally hard course that would certainly split the field of 86 starters to smithereens! I did a recce of the course last weekend in the rain and was in 39-26 on some sections. I was looking forward to it though as I am pretty good on the climbs and my stamina is good. It was also my Dad's birthday so I was extra motivated to do a good ride so as not to waste the day.  The race started with me skipping my chain on the first climb. I had to hop off and put it back on but was soon back in the bunch after a kilometre or so. My plan for the first part of the race was to sit back and conserve my energy. A break got away with a few dangerous riders, Erick Rowsell and Tim Kennaugh, but no one else so I knew they would be easy to ca...