I made a very low key start to this year's Reading Track League. I was last in my keirin heat, eliminated from the devil, and about 7th in the 20k. To do myself justice I was racing for training and pretty aggressive but still. I learnt a good lesson though. Sunday's time trial was supposed to be followed by 2 hours steady, not 2:30 reaming myself around the Chilterns. Usually I have a recovery day Monday but I got a surprise Sunday night when my coach called!
July started well with my first half-decent race for months. I took part in the Guildford Town centre Criterium on Wednesday night. A tiny circuit featuring a patchy tarmac descent and a sharp cobbled climb with little in between. As soon as I started I realized there was no way I was going to keep up the sterling track record of cyclefit employees (Warwick) in the race. I got stronger as the race went on though and I didn't crash -always important as my confidence was pretty low. Jon Dibben did a great ride as per usual. I drove home optimistic that my season was turning around with my new pedalling technique (no pun intended). Next up in July was the Cyclefit Etape Trip. Me and Stuart (brother) drove the Clio down to Pau in the Pyrenees and met Jules and Konrad (or Konradiator as he later become known). Due to the efficiency of the French Motorways, we made it there pretty fresh and with only 3 speeding offences (2 in Bordeaux alone). Our first job was the Expo which involved ...
Comments
Post a Comment